Friday, April 01, 2011

April Fools Gold

Did you play a prank or throw a fictitious scenario to your friends today? or were you on the receiving end?
I saw a couple on fb, twitter, and email that were really good! Especially the one from Dibs & Rinny- couple of my favorite triathletes. I love giving into the national day of pranks & jokes!
At work, I personally called a doctor I work with, and told him my friend who works for Victoria Secret and asked me for a doctor to be on the set for their next photo shoot in NYC, and we chose him. He thought that was very funny.
I also put on my facebook that I signed up for another (full) Ironman, as my fb april fools joke, now I feel bad because so many of my friends were so supportive of me doing another one. I had to tell them... I was one and done with IM (at least for this age bracket). I don't plan on participating in another Ironman in the near future.. its not completely off the list... just not now. Time is the main reason, money is second ($575 race fee to start). So much personal time is sacrificed to train for IM. The respect of Ironman racing truly lies in the training. After properly training for an IM, you feel you can accomplish anything!
I plan to participate in the IM 70.3 events, as they are much more practical with a full time job & family/friends. I am looking at Boise (family), Muncie (fast), & Poconos (close to home) for 2011. Sadly for me, Boise & XTERRA East Championships fall on the same weekend. I need to choose.
 
I just ordered my "Team USA" triathlon suit for ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships in Spain! so between Boston Marathon & Spain.. I have my hands full & pockets empty.
 
Next Blog: SA's Marathon Training Plan: How pedicures should be a part of your training plan.