Monday, March 08, 2010

Lasagna & chipwich for breakfast

The day after I finished IMKY, I craved Dairy Queen, burgers, and pasta.  And then for almost a week straight I woke up hungry and went to bed hungry. Text msgs with my fellow racer friends of IMKY that week were all about the foods we ate, and how the tank never felt full enough!

I had a similar feeling this morning.. and luckily my friend sent me home with leftover lasagna from dinner lastnight, AND a homemade chipwich to accompany it (homemade yummy chocolate chip cookies and breyers fudge ripple in between). So who am I to be eating like this a week before a race where I would like to crush my field and take a top spot in the most competitive female "AG"?
Because I am such a big deal, I should be taking my body fat percentage on any given day. Maybe if I take a podium spot at this race some bike companies will sponsor me. or maybe Breyers Ice Cream will!

I love training for triathlons, I love fueling to race, and I love refueling my body after 2 days of 50 miles of riding, 19 miles of running, and 2 miles of swimming.

When I woke up this morning my body needed to refuel itself, so it pulled itself up to the pump:
"fill her up please"
"Jus so happens we have a special today: Veggie Lasagna and a Homemade Chipwich."
The nice attendant made sure I had a cup of coffee too, and whats a morning without coffee heading to a 9am meeting?
"Thank you Ma'am and come again!"