Tuesday, July 05, 2011

My fair-weather blog

Last post was in April and I'm just going to blame the weather for the lack of blog updates because It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a TV comedy show and when the weather is nice and warm you can find me (or can't find me) off training or racing somewhere... Amongst many other fun adventures.
So let's recap since beantown:
April 30 ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships in Spain: placed 3rd/ bronze medal in my AG. Raced on stir fried legs but so worth the trip to Spain with friends!
June: XTERRA east champs: 1st in AG and qualified for World Champs in Maui!
5150 DC Tri: 1st in AG and qualified for 5150 champs in IOWA


In the meantime, I'm deciding on many things like new bikes, new race wheels, and figuring out my chronic fatigue. The bikes and wheels can wait. The fatigue takes priority and may actually take me out of the game on some races this month?? Each day is different and each day I ask myself another question on what is going on. But as I read Inside Triathlon's article on blaming my doc on exhaustion (Augello p. 14) I may have to go to work and ask my docs how to liaison for Athletes because "we are not the normal range". I know some of the docs I work
with will take this as good material for the next joke. We love to laugh!
Everything seems to take more energy at a slower speed. But the left foot keeps following the right foot and I'm grateful for that and soon again I am hoping to return to my normal range as a Fastinista!